Tuesday, September 30, 2014

MATSWAPATI

On Saturday, the 27th of September SMAN 3 Bandung held an event which was a cultural festival in Lapangan Bali. The school held the event to help preserve the Sundanese culture and to introduce people to it.
 I was a committee in the event and was in the decoration group. What the decoration group did was mostly decorate the place. The decoration group’s work started weeks before the festival started. We were divided into a few groups and I was in group 3. Group 3 was in charge of the gates.

But on the day of the festival I was put into the logistics group because the decoration group had nothing to do anymore since the decoration was all done. I came to Lapangan Bali at 5:30 AM. The committee had this uniform which was a brown shirt. And my brown shirt was too big on me so it was like wearing a jacket. Anyway we started to carry things around for the preparation of the event. I guess what I did all day was move and carry stuff around every time a performance was finished and another performance was about to begin. While my friends and I waited for a performance to end, we sat near the stage and talked. When we got hungry, we went to the bazaar to get some food or drink.
I remember when there were these guys on the stage singing some dangdut song, Pa Doni started dancing around and some girls joined in, including me. We started to follow Pa Doni's moves and it was really fun.
There were many cultural performances and they were all very interesting. Lapangan Bali got really crowded at 4 PM People started to gather around the stage when Barsena was about to perform. Barsena performed 3 songs beautifully and got a good reaction from the crowd. After Barsena performed, the next performance was the one that many people had come to see. Why? BECAUSE GLENN FREDLY WAS GOING TO PERFORM YAYY!
Glenn's performance was really awesome. The crowd kept cheering and cheering. I had a lot of fun too. I jumped and sang along to Glenn Fredly's songs. 
After Glenn finished performing, there was a closing act which was a fire attraction. 
Because I was a committee, I stayed in Lapangan Bali longer than other people and went home at 9. I live in Dago and it usually takes 15-30 minutes to get home. But that night, it took 1 and a half hours because there was an event in Dago called 'Dago Culinary Night'.
When I got home I was exhausted and slept immediately. I also slept in on the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment